Industrial Heritage Online

Recording Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

Industrial Heritage Online

Recording and Communicating Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

The IHO database currently contains 8432 records and 3391 images

Halifax Railway Station

Caption
The present Halifax station was erected jointly by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway and the Leeds, Bradford and Halifax Railway Companies in 1855, to the designs of Thomas Butterworth of Manchester; the main contractors were George Thompson & Co. In 1885/6 the station layout was re-structured in order to accommodate the Great Northern Railway's Queensbury line. This lintel above a former pedestrian access in Church Street, bore the name of one of the original owners. November 1979.

First Previous Random Next Last

Copies of this image may be available personal research. For further details please contact us.
Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to correctly attribute the media available on this web site. If any individual or organisation believes that any media is incorrectly credited please contact the Society and the media will either be removed or the acknowledgement will be corrected.

Grid Reference:- SE 09727 24922

Search the Sites Database

View the Image Gallery


Search the Image Collection

Industrial Heritage Online is hosted by the Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society and is supported by the following Societies