Industrial Heritage Online

Industrial Heritage Online

Ripon Goods Station

Description:-
Longer than the G T Andrews standard. Darker brick than the passanger station. Slightly articulated pilasters and corbelled eaves. Three circular loading bays with weather-boarded canopies. Used as a coalyard shutters to staithes etc intact and nice crane.

History:-
Ripon Station was opened in 1848 by the Leeds & Thirsk Railway. Closed to passengers 1967, for goods 1969.

References:-
YAHS - Hatcher Card Index. Research funded by the Yorkshire Arts Association 1972.
Hatcher, J. The industrial architecture of Yorkshire. Phillimore, 1985.
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/r/ripon/


No previous comments have been made for this entry

Email comments

Key Words :- railway goods station
Linked Sites :- ,
Address :- Station Drive, Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 1JA
Grid Ref :- SE 31854 72312
Co-ordinates :- Lat - 54.145656 , Long - -1.513851
Local Authority :- Harrogate Borough Council
Pre 1974 County :- Yorkshire - West Riding
Site Condition :- Site in alternative industrial use
Site Status :- Site extant - Protected status unknown
Site Dates :- 1848 -